Monday 28 April 2014

This little light of mine

Now that I am at home on my maternity leave with the twins, I am spending more time with Phoenix than I have in a long time. The more time I spend with her, the more I am enjoying the growth and independence that she is slowly gaining for herself. 

We haven't had the regression or acting out that I had been anticipating since her sisters have come home. In fact, Phoenix has accepted her sisters beautifully. When I am holding one of the babies, Phoenix will hug and kiss her, then tell me it is my turn to do so. We take turns hugging and kissing the babies while I manage to steal hugs and kisses from Phoenix too. I am all too aware that the window for hugs and kisses from your children closes quickly, so I get in as many as I can while Phoenix is still a willing participant. 

Phoenix had been a joy lately. She is communicating her wants (playdo and painting are her most recent loves) and we get to spend quality one on one time pretty much every day. Her behaviour is excellent and she has listened like a pro at some recent appointments that have been long and boring. I've been so proud   to be seen with this sweet, sensitive, loving, well-behaved child. There is a light there, inside of Phoenix and lately it is shining so bright. Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment